Thursday, January 07, 2010

It begins: Journal in a Jar 2010


For Christmas I got a really unique gift from my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. It's called "Journal in a Jar." This is a gift that they hand-made consisting of a canning jar full of questions on slips of paper, and a notebook. The idea behind this is that every day you draw out a slip of paper and answer it in your journal; by the end of the year you'll have a full journal!

I tried this for a few days and realized that I am painfully slow at writing by hand. The internet age has made it so that I can literally type faster than I can think, and writing by hand is a dreadful undertaking. In order to do the questions in the jar-journal justice, I've decided to move my "journal" over into the realm of my blog.

Entries from January 5-7 have been transcribed from the handwritten versions in my journal. From that point on, all entries will be typed up directly onto my blog.

If you're interested in purchasing a Journal in a Jar for someone, make sure you contact my mother-in-law at journalinajar@yahoo.com and she'll hook you up. :)

2 comments:

Reese said...

What an awesome gift! Gotta get me one of those...

Celia said...

If you want one, I'm sure Ryan's mom can hook you up! Shoot me a message on facebook if you'd like her contact info :)