Thursday, May 03, 2007

Headaches



Seriously...what is the deal with headaches? I am very tired of getting them. After my car accident, it was to the point where I was getting them EVERY DAY. That sucks--majorly. It's not every day now, but it's still most days. If it were just migraines...I think I could deal with it. But it isn't. I run the absolute gamut of headaches--tension, migraine, sinus, etc. In order to handle all these headaches, I have an arsenal of medication. It seems like I always take the wrong medication for the headache I have, so it never quite goes away. I've tried meds, chiropractors, physical therapy, massage therapy, had x-rays, CAT scans, had injections--none of it is enough! The doctors are baffled. I don't display symptoms of one type of headache, but rather, EVERY type of headache. If anyone has any suggestions, please offer them. I am at a loss.

16 comments:

JT said...

Have you tried prayer?

Sorry, couldn't resist that one.

I feel for you. I had a professor in college who had suffered a constant headache for 14 years. I heard recently they finally figured out what was going on and he now only suffers from it 50% of the time.

Personally, I recommend a shot of cinnamon in a tall, cold glass of PBR. Delicious!

Hathery said...

Do you know what they did for the professor?

JT said...

I know he wound up going somewhere in Ohio for some type of extensive testing, I'll email a friend of mine who is still a grad assistant there and see if he knows more.

Hathery said...

Cool, thanks!

Kenny said...

I know that hydration can take care of headaches in most cases. Most people who are dehydrated rarely realize it. Perhaps you're already all over this, but start incorportating 80-100 oz of water into your regimin daily. It may seem overboard, but it's really just enough for the average bear. And don't believe that guff about water poisoning--you'd have to drink approximately 300 oz daily to actually cause harm to yourself.

Lott Holtz said...

For migraines, you could try this: http://www.engadget.com/2006/06/23/migraine-zapper-stops-headaches-before-they-start/

Hathery said...

That thing looks like it would give you a brain tumor. Or else, maybe your arms just hurt so much from holding it that you forget you had a headache?

Hathery said...

Kenny--I'm already drinking about 4 bottles of water per day, but I will try to drink more. Thanks!

BluStaCon said...

HEAD-ON apply directly to forehead
HEAD-ON apply directly to forehead
HEAD-ON apply directly to forehead
HEAD-ON apply directly to forehead
HEAD-ON apply directly to forehead
HEAD-ON apply directly to forehead

kill me now

Hathery said...

I will never try that. Ever.

DanjerusKurves said...

Have you at least considered a temporary break from running into brick walls?

Amy said...

Acupuncture? I've never had it done, but it's supposed to cure a lot of ailments...

Hathery said...

I had thought of that, but I'm scared. Perhaps I'll have to stop being a baby and try! Oh, and I'll have to stop running into brick walls too...hadn't thought of that I guess.

Zhu said...

When it comes to headaches, I think the best way to get rid of them is to find the cause, the reason.

I feel for you. I hate headaches.

Zhu said...

BTW, the picture with your post gave my one ! :D

Stop staring at it, I'm telling ya' !

Anonymous said...

you could try the diamond headache clinic in Minnesota...it has worked for friends of mine.