Wednesday, November 08, 2006

One for the Rubbish Heap

Yesterday, the majority of Wisconsin voters decided to amend our state constitution with this garbage:

“Marriage. Shall section 13 of article XIII of the constitution be created to provide that only a marriage between one man and one woman shall be valid or recognized as a marriage in this state and that a legal status identical or substantially similar to that of marriage for unmarried individuals shall not be valid or recognized in this state?”

I am really not sure when I was beamed over to this bizarro world where the majority of voters WANT their civil liberties taken away, but I think I'm ready to go back to earth now.

7 comments:

The CDP. said...

Earth has been garbage for millions of years now. Let's start fresh on the moon, just me and you.

Sounds like a song lyric; I'm writing that down.

Hathery said...

I second the motion.

JT said...

You could always pack up and move to SC, where we're all more enlightened!

No, wait...We just did the same thing.

The CDP. said...

D'oh!

Hathery said...

Americans are idiots.

Sherry said...

Oh well, at least the democrats have control of the house and senate!

Hathery said...

True dat!