Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Check it oot!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is mostly for you little lovelies that live in the Fox Cities...

My brother and company are in a new band called Razor Fist. They have a MySpace page you should check out if you get the chance. There are a couple of rough demos there to listen to, although they are currently recording (if they haven't already finished) their actual album with the one and only Justin Perkins. I heard a bit of it over Christmas and I must say it sounds pretty awesome. This band is a lot more straight-up metal than Hill of the Dead or THC were (think Iron Maiden or Judas Priest). They've got a few shows coming up in Appleton and Oshkosh, so if any of you Fox Cities chitlins feel so inclined you should really check them out live. (RJ, I think you'd dig them alot!)

P.S. My brother did not put me up to this, I just really wanted to let you all know about them because when me and Ryan saw them (their first show ever, mind you) they were incredibly entertaining. The guitar player is writing a rock opera!!!!

10 comments:

The CDP. said...

Yeah, if you dig Judas Priest or Iron Maiden with a good dose of grind, this will be right in your wheelhouse. The Missus' brother turns into a wicked badass when he takes the stage.

Hathery said...

Yeah, it's pretty weird.

rj! said...

I just talked to Tyler not too long ago... I'm getting a band together right now, maybe we'll do a show together.

Sherry said...

I can't believe that's Tyler singing. He's really good. I never noticed before when he was in Hill of the Dead with the screaming and all...

The CDP. said...

Tyler did most of the actual 'vocal' work in Hill of the Dead, while Clay did a rad pterodactyl impression. I'll link it on my page post haste.

RJ, me and the Missus were just talking about you last night. We wanted to know how your mad guitar skills were coming along. You were good the last time I heard you, and that was like, 5 years ago.

Hathery said...

I think you could definitely play a show with them sometime, RJ, once your band gets all formed and whatnot. That would be pretty awesome.

I know, I think Tyler sounds pretty rad!!!!

The CDP. said...

Winneconne is becoming a metal hotbed.

Winneconne is the new Iceland.

rj! said...

Well, I guess you'll have to come see us play sometime. Starting out with covers, so we should be doing shows by summer, if not before. Then maybe we'll worry about writing stuff.

The CDP. said...

I tell you what. You play 'Rock You Like A Hurricane' and I'll be there in two shakes of a lamb's tail.

rj! said...

done.

Note to all it may concern: Staying out drinking with your vocalist til 4am is a bad idea when you have practice at noon the next day. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm just going to vomit shards of my pelvis into this bush. BLEH!!