Friday, August 19, 2005

Harry Potter is making me crazy.

If you don't care about Harry Potter, I suggest you turn back now. This post will only annoy you and expose the fact that I am a total nerd. Thank you for your understanding. I understand that your morbid curiosity will make you read this no matter what disclaimer I give you, so YOU can thank me for that. Proceed!

It is a sad day when a children's book makes you question your sanity. This "sad day" has actually turned into more of a "sad last few months" for me.

I dont know why it has hit me so hard all of the sudden. The first 5 books had little to no effect on me. Don't get me wrong...I enjoyed them immensely. They didn't, however, make me write an odd and unsettling blog entry about how they are slowly causing my mental demise. That honor has been left for "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince."

Was HBP better than any of the other books? No, not really. I don't personally consider any book in the series to be superior to the others. I think this book just came at a bad time for me...a time when my job was/is leaving me much to be desired and my mental state is very little clearer than a pile of mud. My brain is vulnerable. My brain wants to be filled with anything but reality. Oy, Harry Potter!

I have read nothing but Harry Potter books since HBP came out. I can't read anything else! It has been suggested to me that I find another series to interest myself with, but that simply will not do. I have placed my fragile psyche solely on the written words of J.K. Rowling, and I'm afraid that is where it must stay. It has to stay there.

The fourth movie will be out in November, just in time for my birthday. What a gift! My sanity delivered to me in 2 hours and 20 minutes of CGI and sub-par acting. I am nothing short of elated at this thought. I wish I could say that was meant to be sarcastic, but it most certainly was not.

The husband put my books away on the bookshelf the other day...I almost had a heart attack. The thought of them being stuffed away where I couldn't see them was almost unbearable. What the hell is wrong with me?

Maybe a day will come when my dependency is severed...I'm sure that day will come, in fact. But for now, I must resign myself to the fact that I am slowly going crazy and there is nothing I can do to hault the inevitable but read the same 6 books over and over again. Oh happy day!

On a much more disturbing note, this is what kind of shipper ("ship" is short for relationship--shippers are people who support a particular "ship") a quiz (very accurate, I presume...) has found me to be:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oh my....

I have problems.

10 comments:

aaron said...

Nerd!

Hathery said...

Ya think???

The CDP. said...

Hey, this is only one quirk, shared by millions of people. At least you didn't tell people every little thing that makes you weird, freaking everyone out in the process.

So far, your obsession is healthy. Nerd!

Hathery said...

I do not think I would describe my obsession as healthy. Though at least I haven't bought a wand...yet.

The CDP. said...

"This isn't a wand!"

"...it's a Twizzler."

Sherry said...

Jeez.. that sounds like me with my LP (the girl you said sounds like Gwen Stefani) CD. No matter how much I know that CD is going to make me barf after listening to it all day.. I don't care; I can't stop! Not even listening to Kay Hanley is satisfactory!

Texas Seo Expert said...

Get photo gifts at our website and make shopping alot easier this holiday season.

Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://bdtaovsc.com/yexn/zowu.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://pgzcwjcr.com/kqvz/fryk.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://bdtaovsc.com/yexn/zowu.html | http://hgwlpebi.com/nrnt/hmhe.html